So on Friday though Sunday of this week were the days I finally collected enough footage for my video. It all started Friday after school.
It was Friday, the day we finally got out of school. As soon as the bell rang I jolted to the bike racks. Once I assembled my friends we rode down the street from school, to get collected by my mom. As we drove to the park, Pedlow of course, we discussed tricks to get on film. Dax said that he would be willing to try to boardslide long rail, a three meter rail, going down a steep four foot slope. I knew that trying to complete that task would be difficult, but I had no doubt in my mind that Dax would land it. As soon as we pulled up, we entered the park. Dax decided that he would warm up his body, before trying to accomplish a gruelling task. He skated around the centre piece, skating the box, and rails. After almost half a hour. He decided that he was finally ready.
He rolled up to the rail, before beginning to commit. After rolling up, he started to fling his board onto the rail... Then finally he started to commit. He rolled up with plenty of speed, and got on top of the rail. He slid down about a foot but then immediately jumped off. Dax was ready to land it. It was clear that the adrenaline was flowing through his body, as he quickly ran back up the slope. Once again, he rolled up with speed. He got on the rail, and slip way farther than the last attempt, but jumped off because he could maintain balance. Once again he ran up the slope. For a third time he approached the rail with even more speed than the previous attempts. He got on the rail, however his wobbly posture showed that he was really unbalanced. Before slipping backwards and getting badly hurt, Dax caught himself above the rail, just between his legs... My heart was racing. I probably had just as much, if not more adrenaline than Dax.
It took a while, about 10 tries but then Dax finally landed it. Dax ran back up the slope next to me to review the footage. After rewarding it a few times he said that he didn't like it and thought it was sloppy, despite the fact that I thought if looked perfectly fine... After about five tries he landed it, perfectly. It couldn't have been any better. This time Dax was completely satisfied. After that, I decided to take a brake on filming, and just try to learn a few new tricks.
After skating around, it got pretty dark, I decided that I would come back the next day the complete the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment