Saturday, February 27, 2016
Filming a Sponsored Skater...
Hey guys just like my other blogs, this blog is about skateboarding.
It was Saturday morning, February 20th, and I had just pulled up to the skatepark. I decided to immediately start filming for a video I had been working on for almost three weeks. I cruised around the park looking for someone to film. Finally, I found my friend Curtis. Curtis was a junior in high school, and a really, really good skater. He had several sponsors, for clothing, boards and a shop. He approached him and asked if he wanted to get clips for my video. Without a doubt he said yes. We first decided to skate the kiddy pool, a four foot drop with a small, slippery slope on the bottom. Curtis said that he'd front shove the pool in a few tries. I got out my camera and got into position. He approached the spot with plenty of speed in order to clear the slope at the bottom. With style, he popped, caught, then landed on his board... He landed it first try, a trick that would normally take me fifteen. He ran back up the slope, and said that he would do it SWITCH... For all you who don't what doing a trick switch is, it's when you do a trick with the opposite stance, much like writing with your opposite hand. Much like the previous attempt he approached the pool with speed. However he didn't land it. After about thirteen tries, he landed it with finesse.
After skating the pool, he said that he would do a trick on the ledge in the centre of the park. I skated over there and got into position. He approached the ledge with moderate speed and attempted his trick, a kick flip front noseslide, a trick that very few people could pull off. The first attempt had me in awe. The fact that he got so close, and almost landed it, first try, left me speechless. The level of skill Curtis had was amazing. He tried, and tried, and until he finally landed it about twenty minutes later. It was perfect. I felt that I almost didn't deserve to put a clip like that into MY video... I was so happy and overwhelmed that I got to film that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment