It was
a normal Friday after school. Me and my friends planned to go to our local
park, Pedlow, in order to witness and meet, the DC pro skaters. We all decided
to skate to the bus stop. After skating about, fifteen minutes on our way
there, we finally boarded the bus. The bus ended up taking us to Encino, where
Pedlow was located. From the Encino bus stop, we skated to Pedlow. As I rolled
in to the park I noticed, a huge mound of people, all around the park. As I rolled
in I instantly, recognized Evan Smith, an amazing pro skater that rode for DC
and Element skateboards. All of a sudden, a swarm of people, started to make
their way to the bowl. I began to follow the swarm of people, and in the heart
of the group, I noticed Wes Kremer, an amazing skater, that has won Skater of the
Year. And the awesomeness began. Evan Smith dropped into the bowl, going crazy
fast, pumping over the transitions of the bowl. All of a sudden he whipped out
a backside smith grind on the deep end of the pool, first try, which was about
eighteen feet tall… Soon after landing his trick, Wes Kremer rolled into the
bowl. He pumped from side, to side, until he had enough speed. Then he soon
bursted into the deep end of the bowl, and landed a shuv-noseslide, first try.
The crowd went insane throwing throwing their boards, screaming. Twenty
minutes, I’ll never forget zoomed by. I decided to skate a bit myself. I skated
a small blue legde for almost half an hour, learning new tricks, while
practicing ones I already knew.
Finally
ending the day off, the pros decided to do a product toss. The threw shirts and
other attire. Unfortunately, I didn’t get anything, but I wasn’t going to
complain, because watching pros skate in person, was already enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment