I woke up super impatient to start the day. Coincidentally, everyone else just happen to wake up around the same time. We ate cereal and oatmeal, then got dressed and began to warm up outside.
After skating in my front yard for about half an hour, it was finally time to go to Skatelab, an indoor skatepark. We all packed our things in the car and started to drive.
We drove for about an hour before reaching our destination. We all unloaded to our things and entered the park. It was completely empty! A good thing because we pretty much had the whole park to ourselves. Once we all paid for our wrist bands, we started to skate around the park.
We skated for around an hour and a half before Max, Dax, Michael and I decided to try "grass gap," a large five foot high and four foot wide gap. I rolled up the gap, overwhelmed by the amount of space I had to clear. We all rolled up, then jumped down the gap a few times just to get a feel of the impact.
After jumping down it a bunch of times, Michael went straight for it, with full commitment. He stuck it. He ran back up the gap for a second attempt. He rode down the ramp to gain lots of speed. Pop, slide, land simple as that. Michael got it second try. After Michael, Max, then Dax proceeded to land it after trying it a few times.
This left me the only one who hadn't landed it. I rolled up the gap with plenty of speed. I popped, slid but then kicked the board out sideways. After doing a this few more times I decided that I would try my hardest to land it even if I was to clip the gap. So I approach grass gap once again with plenty of speed, popped, slid and landed, perfectly. Finally I landed it. It took quite a while, and finally landing it felt very satisfying. The rest of the session was dedicated to just having fun and filming for some clips.
Probably one of the best birthdays I've ever had.
No comments:
Post a Comment