The fun began when the bell had rung at 12:47pm. I dashed to the bike racks to get my board, then waited for my friends to come. Once all of us were assembled, we skated to Starbucks. After around thirty minutes of skating next to Starbucks and fooling around, the uber had finally arrived. We all loaded our stuff, then hopped in the van. On the way there, we discussed the goals we wanted to achieve. My good friend Greg, said that he wanted to ollie one of the biggest gaps of the whole park. Even I considered trying it. It was around seven feet tall, and had a small slope on the bottom. All of us kept chit-chatting until we pulled up the side of the park. We unloaded our stuff then began to cruise around the park. I stretched a bit and began to warm my body up, with a few simple tricks. After about ten minutes of warming up, I got straight to business and started to try new things. There was a tall, blue ledge that was a knee high for me. After around seven tries, I grinded it. I kept trying new things, until Greg said that he was ready to ollie the seven footer. He cruised to the spot and rolled up to see the drop. I decided to roll up and do the same. One glance looking down, and I was immediately terrified. I knew that if I were to try this, I would get badly hurt. I concluded that I wouldn't try it. Greg on the other hand, decided that he wouldn't back down. I rolled next to David who was ready to film. Greg said that he was ready to attempt it. He jumped on his board with plenty of speed, and directly committed. He fell off his board on impact, and slid on his slide. He yelled in frustration and pain. We encouraged him, screaming his name, in order to hype him up, and told him that he could land it. Greg decided he would go for it a second time. He went up the drop, looking focused and prepared. He jumped on his board with even more speed. Greg directly committed once again, but didn't land it. He couldn't take the impact, which lead him to stick, then slam way harder than last time. He yelled in pain and said that his ankles couldn't take it anymore. We didn't want to force Greg into hurting himself so we told him to relax. I decided to keep on trying to learn new things.
At the end of the day, we all had plenty of fun and got lots of clips for our upcoming YouTube video, "Sk9r Boiz."
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteNice blog. It was very interesting.
ReplyDeleteYou described the scene perfectly.
ReplyDelete